Goat Cheese and Apple Omelet
This sweet-and-savory dish will have your family coming back for seconds!
- 4 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto or another almond liqueur
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon half and half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounce crumbled goat cheese
- Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add apples and cook until just softened.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cook for a couple minutes longer, stirring to coat.
- Stir in amaretto, remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat eggs and half-and-half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining butter in a medium skillet.
- Once the pan is hot, pour the eggs into the center of the pan and stir vigorously with a rubber spatula for 5 seconds.
- As soon as a semi-solid mass begins to form, lift the pan and move it around until the excess liquid pours off into the sides.
- Using your spatula, move it around the edge of the egg mixture to help shape into a round and loosen the edge.
- Let the omelet sit in the pan for 10 seconds without touching.
- Shake the pan to loosen egg from the sides and flip.
- Once the omelet has set, top with apple mixture and goat cheese.
- Fold in half and cook for one minute more. Serve immediately.