Glazed Strawberry Jam and Jalapeño Salmon
Surprise your tastebuds with this combination of sweet and spicy flavors!
- 3-4 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, (6 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced or slivered
- 1 jalapeño, sliced in rings
- In a medium, non-aluminum saucepan, mix strawberry jam, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and 1/2 of the lemon juice (reserve the rest for seasoning later).
- Bring to a boil and cook until syrupy, (15 minutes). You should have about 1/2 cup.
- Divide in half and let cool to room temperature.
- Heat broiler with the rack set in 4 inches from the top. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place salmon filets on prepared sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/2 glaze over fish and allow to stand for (15-20 minutes).
- Add rings of jalapeño. Broil salmon, rotating once during cooking, until opaque throughout, (6-7 minutes).
- Pour on the leftover glaze.