Gazpacho Salad with Chilled Prawns
- 1.5 Pounds Jumbo Shrimp, boiled and chilled
- 2 Medium English cucumbers
- 2 Pounds heirloom tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 Medium garlic cloves, smashed
- ¼ Cup white balsamic vinegar, divided
- ¾ Cup thinly sliced red onion, rinsed under cold water
- 1 ¼ Teaspoons fine sea salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 2 Medium-size orange or yellow bell peppers, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Jumbo Shrimp
- English cucumbers
- Heirloom tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- White balsamic vinegar
- Red onion
- Fine sea salt
- Yellow bell pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Peel cucumbers; reserve peels. Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise; remove and reserve seeds. Cut cucumbers into ½ -inch slices (about 4 cups); set aside.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise; remove and reserve seeds. Cut tomatoes into ¾ -inch pieces (about 5 cups).
- Combine 1 ½ cups chopped tomatoes, lime juice, basil, garlic, and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a blender. Add reserved tomato seeds, cucumber peels, and cucumber seeds. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Line a fine wire-mesh strainer with a double layer of cheesecloth. Pour mixture through strainer into a medium bowl, discard solids. Season dressing with salt to taste.
- Combine red onion, ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl; toss to coat. Add bell peppers, reserved cucumber slices, remaining chopped tomatoes, chilled jumbo shrimp, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt; toss to combine. Stir in tomato-cucumber dressing. Let stand for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drizzle with oil, and season with salt to taste. Garnish with basil.
- Serve salad using a slotted spoon.