These scrumptious Fruit Muffins are a great way to start your morning! This recipe serves 6 to 12.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup peeled and chopped fresh fruit, or fresh berries
- Pinch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 ˚F.
- Lightly coat the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin with canola oil.
- In large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, milk, yogurt, and oil. Add sugar and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are moistened.
- Add fruit and stir until just mixed.
- Place 1/4 cup batter in each muffin cup and bake until golden (15-20 minutes).
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon over each warm muffin.
- Cook and remove from tins.