Chorizo and Greens Frittata
Adopted from Dinner: The Playbook By Jenny Rosenstrach
- 8 large eggs
- 1½ ounces Manchego cheese, grated (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces dried chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ small onion, cut into ½” pieces
- 6 fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch small Swiss chard, ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion
- 1 bunch small Swiss Chard
- 1 bag of fingerling potatoes
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 package Chives
- 2-4 oz wedge Manchego Cheese
- 4-6 ounces dried Chorizo
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1 bottle extra virgin olive oil
- 1 box Kosher salt
- 1 container black peppercorns
- Heat broiler. Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in cheese and herbs; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chorizo in a 10” broiler proof skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat, stirring often, until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Heat oil in same skillet; add onion, season with salt, and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 1 minute. Add potatoes and cook, tossing occasionally, until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chard and cook, stirring often, until chard is wilted; season with salt and pepper. Mix in chorizo. Pour in egg mixture, tilting skillet to evenly distribute. Cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes, then transfer to oven and broil until egg is cooked through and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Run a heatproof spatula around edges of frittata to loosen, then slide onto a plate; serve in wedges.