Easy Pasta Primavera
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Small zucchini (diced)
- ½ Cup frozen peas
- ½ Bell pepper (use any color)
- 5 Ounces tomatoes (I prefer grape or cherry, cut into halves)
- 1 Small carrot (use a vegetable peeler to cut into ribbons)
- 3 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Dash Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil (torn/sliced thin)
- ½ Cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 Ounces uncooked spaghetti pasta
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Frozen peas
- Bell pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Prep your ingredients and boil water for your pasta (cook it al dente according to package directions).
- Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the vegetables and garlic and sauté, stirring often, for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in the lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and basil.
- Before draining the pasta, add a splash of the pasta water (a tablespoon or two) to the skillet. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan and toss. Just before serving, stir in the parmesan cheese. Season with salt & pepper as needed.