Easter Brunch’s Smoked Salmon Benedict
- 3 Large egg yolks
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted and hot
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 Teaspoons minced fresh dill
- Bread and Asparagus:
- 1 Bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 Large eggs
- 8 Ounces smoked salmon
- Chopped chives, for serving
- Sourdough bread
- Smoked salmon
- Salted Butter
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- White vinegar
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Bring a large pot of water to a simmer. For the herby hollandaise: Add the egg yolks and lemon zest and juice to a blender and blend for about 10 seconds. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the melted butter. Season with the salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving vessel and stir in the chives, parsley and dill.
- For the bread and asparagus: Toss the asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on half of the grill pan and cook until charred, about 3 minutes. Brush the bread with the remaining melted butter and place on the other side of the grill pan. Grill the bread until nice grill marks form, about 1 minute per side. Set aside.
- For the eggs: To poach the eggs, begin by adding the vinegar to the large pot of simmering water. Gently crack the eggs into the water and leave them alone for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper lined plate so that any water is soaked up.
- To assemble, place a piece of bread on each of 4 plates and add a few slices of smoked salmon. Top with an egg, followed by some of the herby hollandaise. Serve with the grilled asparagus on the side and garnish with chives.