Supper Club No. 10 - Crispy Gnocchi Brussels Sprouts with Brown Butter
Try this unique combination for a recipe that can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, cleaned and cut into half lengthwise
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt + black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (18-oz) package potato Gnocchi
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ tsp honey
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Toss. Lay the sprouts evenly cut-side down to brown, about 5 mins. Layer on top lemon zest and red pepper flakes. Toss one more time. Remove Brussels Sprouts from the skillet and set aside.
- Take the Gnocchi out of the packaging and break them up into their individual pieces. Add the rest of the extra virgin olive oil into the skillet and add Gnocchi soon after. Toss. Browning Gnocchi about 3 mins each side. Add in honey and brown butter, toss. Add back Brussels sprouts and toss with the Gnocchi. Season with salt, generous amount of fresh cracked black pepper and Parmesan cheese.