Coconut Cashew Rice
Serves 4. Makes great leftovers. Coconut Cashew Rice is a great side dish for most meats and fish.
- ¼ cup coconut oil, plus extra on the side |Bottom half of 1 leek, cut in half lengthwise, washed, then sliced into thin crescent slices
- ½ cup roasted cashews, in a rough chop, there should be whole, half and small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger, grated from a 1” x 2” piece
- 2 cups, fresh or frozen, grated fresh coconut
- 4 cups cooked and chilled Basmati rice
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 bag roasted cashews
- 1 leek
- 1 head garlic
- 1 ginger
- 1 package fresh or frozen, grated fresh coconut
- 1 coconut oil
- 1 bag Basmati rice
- Kosher salt
- 1 Black peppercorns
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add coconut oil and cashews to the pan and sauté to lightly toast cashew nuts. Add sliced leeks, crushed garlic and grated ginger. Season with a pinch of salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Sauté until leeks are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add fresh coconut, and more coconut oil if mixture looks dry. Stir the vegetables until fresh grated coconut turns a toasty golden color.
- Add Basmati rice. Toss all ingredients together very well. Season with a generous amount of salt and black pepper.