Classic Reuben Sandwich
No need to rush to the Deli during your lunch break when you've got our tasty recipe! Similar to a Grilled Cheese, the classic Reuben Sandwich is a bit heartier, featuring Corned Beef and Sauerkraut.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon red cocktail
- chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced (1 shallot)
- ½ tablespoon minced dill pickle
- ½ teaspoon parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf marbled rye bread
- ½ - ¾ pound thinly sliced corned beef
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 (16 ounces) package sauerkraut
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened and divided
- Mix together mayonnaise, chili cocktail sauce, shallot, pickle, parsley, mustard, and Worcestershire in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spread dressing on the inside of 8 pieces of bread.
- Divide the corned beef among half the bread slices.
- Top the beef with a spoonful of sauerkraut and two slices of Swiss cheese.
- Complete the sandwiches with remaining bread slices, dressing side down.
- Spread softened butter on the top and bottom of each sandwich.
- Using a skillet over medium heat, toast both sides of the sandwich – flipping once, until cheese is melted and filling is heated through.
- Serve immediately.