Cheddar Cheese Grits Casserole
Sharp Cheddar Cheese meets creamy old-school Grits for some next level comfort food!
- 4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cup (8 ounce) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Bring milk to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in butter and grits. Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly (5-7 minutes), or until grits are done.
- Remove from heat. Stir in egg and cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into a lightly greased 11 inches by 7 inches baking dish. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, (35-40 minutes) or until mixture is set. Serve immediately.