Charred Carrots with Orange and Balsamic
From The Barefoot Contessa
- 1 pound Orange Carrots
- 1 pound Rainbow Carrots
- 2 Oranges
- Fleur De Sel
- Good Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove the tops and scrub the orange and rainbow carrots with a vegetable brush. Cut the carrots in long diagonal slices. (You want fairly uniform sticks about 4 inches long by ½ inch wide.)
- Place the carrots on a sheet pan, drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Toss well with your hands and spread out in one layer.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until the carrots are lightly browned and tender.
- Sprinkle with the orange zest, orange juice, and fleur de sel and toss well. Serve hot or at room temperature.