- Almond flour
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Avocado oil
- Marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Remove leaves, and slice cauliflower into 1” wide steaks.
- Mix almond flour with 1 tsp of salt and pepper and place in a shallow dish. Mix eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and place in another shallow dish. Place GF breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Dredge the cauliflower steaks in almond flour, then dip in eggs. Once coated, transfer to GF breadcrumbs and toss until well covered.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is piping hot, add cauliflower and fry on each side for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Spread about ½ cup marinara sauce into the bottom of a casserole dish. Place fried cauliflower into the dish, then top with remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake cauliflower for 10 - 15 minutes, just long enough for the cheese to melt and brown a little bit. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.