- Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Marinara Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cooking Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Remove leaves, and slice cauliflower into 1-inch wide steaks.
- Mix flour with a pinch of salt and pepper and place in shallow dish. Mix eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and place in another shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Dredge steaks in flour, then dip in eggs. Once coated, transfer to bread crumbs and toss until well covered.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is piping hot, add cauliflower and fry on each side for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Spread about 1/2 cup marinara sauce into the bottom of a casserole dish. Place fried cauliflower into dish, then top with remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake cauliflower for 10 - 15 minutes, just long enough for the cheese to melt and brown a little bit. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.