Featured on Supper Club No. 15 9/4/2020 - Photo Credit: Once Upon a Chef
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon (or more) kosher salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ tsp Tabasco
- 3 dashes Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan, finely grated
- Mound anchovies, garlic, and salt on a cutting board. Using the side of a chef’s knife, mash and chop until well combined, then continue to work mixture, holding knife blade at an angle, until a smooth paste forms. You can also use a mortar and pestle to create this step.
- Whisk egg yolk, lemon juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire and mustard in a medium bowl.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil in a steady steam into the egg mixture. Continue until mixture looks slightly thickened and glossy. Continue to whisk, gradually adding oil in a slow, steady stream until all oil has been used and mixture looks like mayonnaise. Add a dash of water and whisk, adjusting with more water if needed, until dressing is the consistency of heavy cream. Add anchovy mixture and Parmesan and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and fresh cracked black pepper, if needed.