Baked French Toast
Enhance this breakfast favorite with sweet apples, cinnamon, & powdered sugar!
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Brush both sides of bread with melted butter and arrange in a single layer in the bottom of a buttered 13x9 inch pan.
- Beat together in a bowl the whole eggs and egg yolks.
- Add sugar, milk, cream, and vanilla and continue to beat until well mixed.
- Pour custard mixture evenly over the bread.
- Bake (25 minutes) until custard is set.
- Cool in the pan or on a wire rack (15 minutes).
- Top with fresh apples, cinnamon, and powdered sugar.