Baked Eggs with Artichokes and Parmesan
Eggs are a breakfast staple but sometimes you want to enhance a staple into something fancier, right? These eggs are baked inside custard cups which can make your breakfast table feel a bit more purposeful instead of the usual grab-and-go set-up. Try them for your next brunch!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 8 frozen artichoke heart quarters, thawed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon (packed) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Rub butter over bottom and sides of two 6 ounce soufflé dishes or custard cups, dividing equally.
- Sprinkle with herbs, dividing equally.
- Place 4 artichoke pieces in each dish.
- Crack 1 egg into each dish, being careful not to break yolk.
- Sprinkle eggs with salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Bake until eggs are softly set and cheese is golden (9 minutes).
- Serve immediately.