Baked Apple Pancakes
Turn tradition on its head and instead of having Apple Pie for dessert, try these yummy Baked Apple Pancakes for breakfast!
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- Add flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt.
- Whisk until batter is almost smooth.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in each of two 6 inch oven-proof nonstick skillets over medium heat.
- Pour half of batter into each skillet.
- Arrange half of apple slice evenly over batter in each skillet.
- Transfer skillets to oven and bake until pancakes are set around the edges but still wet in the center (8 minutes).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture over each pancake.
- Dot each with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Using a spatula, carefully turn pancakes over.
- Return to oven and bake until pancakes rise, sugar melts to sauce consistency, and top is golden (6 minutes).
- Invert onto platters and serve warm.