Baileys Chocolate Bundt Cake
Happy St. Paddy’s Day
- 1/4 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 Cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 3/4 Cups granulated sugar
- 5 Large eggs room temperature
- 2 1/4 Cups sifted all purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1/3 Cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 Ounce cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 Teaspoons all purpose flour
- Caramelized White Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- 12 Ounces white chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- Pinch of sea salt
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Instant Coffee Powder
- Baileys Irish Cream
- Cream Cheese
- White Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Cream
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt
- The Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Liberally prepare a 12-cup Bundt pan with the nonstick spray.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating interval, until the chocolate is melted. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter for 2 minutes on high speed. Slowly add the granulated sugar. Cream together for an additional 5 minutes, until very pale yellow and fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, combining well after each addition and scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Turn your mixer down to its lowest speed and slowly add the flour in 2 batches. Be careful not to overbeat. Add the cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking powder, and salt. Lastly, add the melted chocolate, buttermilk, Baileys Irish Cream and vanilla extract. Make sure the melted chocolate has cooled so it does not curdle the buttermilk. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix the batter until just combined. Be careful to not overmix.
- The Filling:
- Add cream cheese and sugar to stand mixer and mix on high until completely smooth with absolutely no lumps. Next mix in egg, Irish Cream and flour until completely smooth. Set aside.
- To Assemble: Pour about 60% of the batter into the prepared pan. Going around the center of the pan, create a well then pour filling into the well making sure the batter doesn't touch the sides of the pan. Finally pour remaining batter on top of the filling. Bake for 75 to 85 minutes or until inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Let cool to room temperature. Lightly cover the cake with foil or plastic wrap so it does not dry out.
- For the Caramelized White Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
- Preheat oven to 250F & place all your white chocolate to a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. In increments of 10 minutes, bake white chocolate then smooth and re-spread on the parchment with a spatula as it melts. Repeat the increments 3-4 times (or up to 6 times - one hour if you want a very deep caramelized color). Once complete, scrape all chocolate into a bowl and whisk until completely smooth. Next pour chocolate into a pot over low heat and whisk in heavy cream and salt. Once glaze is incredibly smooth and pourable, set aside to allow it to firm a bit then pour over room temperature cake to serve.