Báhn Mì Burger
This burger puts a Vietnamese spin on an American classic!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon Sriracha, divided
- 1 green onion, finely chopped plus 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (green only)
- ½ cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup cucumber, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- thinly sliced jalapeno or serrano peppers
- cilantro sprigs
- 4 Hawaiian King hamburger buns
- Mix together mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon Sriracha, and 1 chopped green onion until well combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combine carrots and cucumbers with 1 teaspoon of the salt and the sugar. Let sit (5 to 10 minutes), then drain and put in a jar or bowl with the rice wine vinegar and enough water to cover them completely. Let sit while preparing burgers.
- Mix together the ground pork, fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic, 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (green parts only), 2 teaspoon Sriracha, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl until fully combined. Shape four ¼ pound burger patties. Make an indentation in the center of each patty with your thumb in order to prevent the burger from puffing in the center while it cooks. Grill burgers until they reach desired degree of doneness.
- To assemble, cut buns in half and put 1 burger on each bun. Top with pickled veggies, sliced jalapeno peppers, cilantro sprigs, and spicy mayonnaise.