Arugula, Fennel, and Orange Salad
Crunchy Fennel and sweet Oranges kick this salad up a notch!
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large oranges
- 7 cups of arugula
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, quartered lengthwise, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk shallots, olive oil, and lemon juice in a medium bowl to blend.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut all peel and white pith from oranges.
- Working over a bowl and using a small sharp knife, cut between the membranes to release segments.
- Combine arugula, fennel, and onion in a large bowl.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Add orange segments, toss to combine.