Apple Cinnamon Bread
Perfect for a slow Sunday brunch!
- For Apple Mixture -
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- For Bread -
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, stir together chopped apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, and orange juice and mix until just combined.
- Add half batter to prepared loaf pan, then press in half the apple mixture. Top with remaining batter, then press remaining apples on top. Bake until loaf is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 5 minutes. Let cool completely.