A Greek Picnic Salad
This fresh, healthy salad can be made as a side or an entrée! This recipe serves 2 to 4.
- 2 cups cooked and chilled white rice
- ¾ cups sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups bagged prewashed spinach (about 8 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) reduced-fat feta cheeses, crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ½ ounces) can chickpeas
- Garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 10 lemon wedges (optional)
- Heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add spinach and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
- Combine rice, tomatoes, spinach mixture, cheese, and next 5 ingredients (through chickpeas).
- Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with nuts; serve with lemon wedges, if desired.