20-min Wonton Soup
- 6 Cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1- Inch piece fresh ginger, sliced thin
- 1 Clove minced garlic
- 4 Baby bok choy, halved lengthwise and halved
- 20 Mini frozen wontons, (like Trader Joe’s Chicken Cilantro)
- 1 ½ Cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- Scallions, sliced green parts only for garnish
- Low sodium chicken broth
- Baby bok choy
- Frozen wontons
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Smash the sliced ginger with the side of a knife to bring out the flavor and add to the pot with the garlic, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and partially cook for 5 minutes, then add the frozen wontons and mushrooms, simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until the wontons are heated through and bok choy is tender and wilted.
- Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil. Divide soup in four bowls. Garnish with fresh scallions.