Linguine A La Vongole
Linguine A La Vongole aka Linguine with clams, is a decadent seafood pasta made with deliciously chewy calms and rich, buttery pasta - definitely a treat for your tastebuds!
- 1 pound dried linguine
- 12 large chowder clams (each about 8-10 ounces)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Over a small bowl, open all of the clams – making sure to catch all of the juice. Mince the clams (there should be about 1 ½ cups) and set aside. Reserve the clam juice separately.
- Heat ¼ cup of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until some of the garlic has turned medium-brown.
- Add the clams and ¼ cup of the clam juice. Stir to blend well and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low and add remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil and parsley.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain the pasta and return to cooking pot. Add clam sauce, stirring to blend well. Moisten with a bit of the reserved clam juice. Serve immediately.