Serves 4 individual steaks. Takes 30 minutes to cook.
- 1 head garlic
- 4 (6-oz.) filet mignon, or 4 large pieces of sirloin
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 package mozzarella
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 bottle balsamic vinegar
- 1 jar honey
- 1 bottle extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bottle dried thyme
- 1 bottle dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, olive oil, dried thyme, and dried oregano.
- Pour over steak and let marinate 20 minutes.
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to high. Grill steak 4 to 5 minutes per side, then top with mozzarella and tomatoes and cover grill until cheese is melty, 2 minutes.
- Top with basil before serving.